1. The Botswana Institute for Development Policy Analysis, (BIDPA) and the National Agricultural Research and Development Institute, (NARDI) launched a partnership and signed a Memorandum of Understanding to collaborate in various activities which include;
- joint research proposals to bid for national
- sub-regional, regional, and international projects
- sharing of expertise and resources
- seminars or conferences
- any other research projects of mutual interest
2. BIDPA also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis on the following areas of collaboration;
- Undertaking joint policy relevant research and/or evaluations on areas of mutual interest and joint publication.
- Holding of joint technical and/or policy workshops to disseminate research and/or evaluation findings.
- Joint sourcing for grants through writing and submission of joint grant proposals or as applicable.
- Build relationship to achieve mutual targets on grant proposals’ writing.
- Joint monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Carrying out joint associated activities as per grants including but not limited to capacity building, community outreach services, conferences, symposia, workshops among others which may be mutually decided upon.
- Sharing of publications and best practices.
- Capacity Building of staff in areas of mutual interest.
- Planning and holding of joint policy seminars, conferences, exhibitions, public lectures and symposia.
- Pursue opportunities of staff exchange and fellowship programmes for capacity development including but not limited to engagement of research mentors, research associates and visiting scholars.
- Content and intended products/outputs of collaboration will be premised on institutional strategic plans and objectives.
Any other areas of mutual interest.
3. BIDPA has Content Sharing Partnerships with various institutions around the world which has provided various digital platforms for the institute’s research output. These include;
The Columbia International Affairs
CIAO — Columbia University Press through the Columbia International Affairs Online, (CIAO) – CIAO is a full text online database of mostly aggregated content encompassing think tank reports, journal articles, department papers and ebooks in the field of international Affairs. The BIDPA material can be accessed from the database. Link; www.ciaonet.org
South African Institute of International Affairs
SAIIA — South African Institute of International Affairs – Africa Portal. Africa Portal is a research repository and an expert analysis hub on African Affairs. The Africa Portal also curates a comprehensive collection of research material. Its library holds over 5 000 research reports, occasional papers and policy briefs. The entire repository is open access, equipped with a sophisticated search function and available for free, full-text download. The material in the library has been provided by Content Partners of the Africa Portal who benefit from wider dissemination of their research to a global community. Link; https://www.africaportal.org
World Economic Forum
WEF — World Economic Forum; The World Economic Forum features the BIDA content on its intelligence platform directly from the Institute’s content management system using RSS feeds. This establishes a direct channel for the content to feed into the Forum’s analytical tools and publish on its platform, making it available to all users.
British Library for Development Studies is an Academic library
BLDS — British Library for Development Studies is an Academic library. This library is affiliated with Institute of Development Studies. The collection of the library contains 800,000 volumes. The library circulates 8,000 items per year. Link; https://librarytechnology.org/library/41518