Johane M Motsatsi
Research Fellow 1
Mr. Johane M Motsatsi is currently an Associate Researcher in the Macroeconomics Forecasting and Planning Unit at BIDPA. Motsatsi holds a Master of Economic Studies (Economic Analysis) from the University of New England, Australia. My work experience involves research and publication as well as conducting research projects for the government, private sector and international organizations such as World Bank, African Capacity Building Foundation and African Development Bank.
- Motsatsi, M. J. (2015), “Technical Efficiency and Evidence of Economies of Scope in Botswana Agriculture: A Stochastic Input Distance Function Approach”. Journal of Economics and Public Finance, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2015.
- Tabengwa G. and Motsatsi, M. J. (2015), “An Assessment of the Diversification-Growth Implications and Emerging Policy Dynamics” FES/UB/BIDPA, paper presented at the FES/UB/BIDPA Conference on A Sustainable Model for Botswana. FES. Botswana
Since joining BIDPA, Mr. Motsatsi has been a team member for some key projects, which include:
- African Capacity Indicators, 2015, for African Capacity Building Foundation
- Country Policy and International Assessment for Botswana, 2013-2015.
- Southern African Region Position Paper (US-Africa Relations), 2014.
- Innovative Solutions to Youth Unemployment in Africa- Case Study for Selected Sub-Sahara Countries-Botswana, South Africa, Namibia and Swaziland, 2015.
- Youth Development Summit Report, 2015.
- Regional Economic Communities Assessment of SADC, 2014.